Sunday 4 November 2012

Final Piece Planning.

 
So after trying lots of different things and making loads of samples and maquettes, I've started making my final piece...



These line drawings are my inspiration. They are drawings of my housemates' family homes that I then try to re-create, having never been there.
 
 
This is the maquette of my final piece...
 
 
... translated into thick slabs of Porcelain.
 
I chose to glaze the outside and inside two different colours so that viewers would want to look inside the piece. This will be coming out of the kiln tomorrow (finger's crossed!!) so I don't have any photos yet, but these are the colours I'm hoping it will come out like...
 
Outside: Emmanuel Cooper 'Bright Turquoise Glaze' (#392)
 
 
Inside: Emmanuel Cooper 'Shiny Ginger Glaze' (#398)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment