Friday 9 August 2013

Craft Council's 'Firing Up' Scheme

 
De Montfort University was chosen to take part in the Craft Council's 'Firing Up' scheme which aims to get neglected ceramics departments back up and running in schools. Our technicians went into lots of Leicester's schools and started doing workshops and giving demonstrations to the students.
 
We had a launch night at Trinity House and some of my work was displayed:
 

 
In May and June went along to Beauchamp College to help prepare workshops and I even got to give a little demonstration myself.
 




 
 
It was such a great experience. I really enjoyed helping and teaching the students how to work with clay and all of the different techniques you can achieve. I'd love to carry on doing workshops in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment