Thursday 30 August 2012

Exhibition Project Continued...

 
Next, I looked at glazes. I found a few amazing green glazes during the Creative Approaches project and I combined some of these to create my own colour:
 
 
The differences are subtle but I found a celadon green that I was very happy with.
I then started to experiment with different oxides to see how much I could change the glaze, and whether I would like the results enough to put on my final pieces:
 
 
On Porcelain with the addition of Illmenite.
 
 
On Buff Stoneware with the addition of Red Iron Oxide.
 
 
All on Porcelain with the addition of Manganese Dioxide (left), Medium Rutile (middle) and Copper Carbonate (right).
  
 
On Porcelain with the addition of Red Iron Oxide and Tenmoku glaze edge.

 
I had a quick play around with mixing different glazes on the same piece as well. I didn't like a majority of them but I like the bottom piece.
 
 
Different green glazes and Tenmoku glaze on Buff Stoneware.
 
 
Porcelain with the addition of Tenmoku glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment