Thursday 30 August 2012

Year Two - Competition Project (2011)

 
The second project of second year was a competition. We could choose between 8 different briefs but a majoirty of us went with the Sainsbury's brief.
We were given a trendpack for Spring/Summer 2012 and asked to design either 3 things for 1 trend or 1 thing for 3 trends.
I chose to design 3 objects for the 'Origins' trend; quite an earthy, neutral theme with a lot of dark wood and block print pattern etc.
We didn't actually have to make ANYTHING, as they only wanted designs... But I couldn't help myself!! I wanted to properly explore some coloured glazes and this is where my love for glazing started.
Here's some of the samples I made:
 

 
 
 Small bowl forms with piercing and pattern.
 

 
Long vessels.
 

 
These were the two key samples that inspired my final collection... Photos to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment