Thursday 30 August 2012

Exhibition Project Continued...

Once knew what I was doing and had sorted out my glazes, I could finally start making. And what a pain in the backside the making was...!!
 

 
These were easy enough (I say easy - if anyone works with porcelain, you will know how easily it cracks and how frustrating it can be!!)...
 

 
But these two were a complete and utter nightmare. After days of reparing, drying, spraying, cracking and bucket loads of tears, they both broke due to the pressure on the joins.
I was devastated but I was able to make each one into 2 seperate pieces, so it turned out alright in the end.
 
 
Once they were fired I sanded them with wet and dry sandpaper and then, sprayed on my glaze and fired them again up to 1260°c. One touched another piece in the kiln so has two little marks on it, and another one cracked, but otherwise I'm really pleased with how they came out.
 
 
I felt they looked a little plain as a set so I added some Pâte de Verre to my favourite pieces to represent the rivers on the map...
 


 
... and was absolutely ecstatic with how they came out!!
 


 
Pâte de Verre'd wall maps with their 3D counterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment